Craft a proper "business case", manage expectations, define crystal clear what success means and what is needed to get there. This is about "when are we done?".
Build a business case that charts out a solid plan, well-supported by all key-stakeholders and “champions”, setting up for successful delivery of the first use cases in production and establishing the foundation for a “CoE” for the EKG.
Think big, start small, but have a solid and well-supported plan to be used for strategy prioritization, internal budget approvals, compliance/security approvals, technical approvals, creating proper air-cover and mandate, setting up for success.
- Product Owner(s), Budget Holder(s)
- Program/project/change manager(s)
- Key stakeholders in the given scope
- financial plan
- business model
- cost estimates
- non-functional requirements, dependencies
- gap analysis and plan
- market analysis
- competitive analysis
- risk identification (RAID)
- operations plan
- marketing plan
- project and program management plan